IamMaxRoper, here. Max for short. My VERY good friend, Grant Weber *tail thump* is at it again! In case you don’t remember my VERY good friend Grant, you can see him here. I like that he says ‘no questions asked’. Works for me. *tail thump*
Anyway, he helped me my own driver’s license! *running the Max 5* And your dog can have his own driver’s license too! You just have to go to Facebook to have it made. You will see other fun things you can do there too, like put your dog in a Subaru.
Mine looks like this:
But my VERY good friend Grant said that responsibility comes along with having a driver’s license and he asked me to share what I know about traveling with dogs. So since me and mama and MFS (My Forever Sister) Emmie live in Minnesota, which is VERY cold right now, I am going to tell you what I know about traveling with dogs in cold weather.
- mama always listens to the weather to see if she wants to take me and MFS Emmie with her. We don’t like it when it’s too cold or if she will be gone for a long period of time. And them mama says something about slippery roads and not having us in the car
- If mama takes us for a drive in the cold, she always makes sure the car is warmed up sufficiently
- We carry a doggie winter survival kit in the car. This includes blankets, water, a bowl, food and first aid kit, two of everything, one for me and one for MFS Emmie. We also have a sign in the car that says there are two dogs in the car. mama calls it a ‘just in case’ safety measure
- Never, ever, no not ever! leave your dogs alone in the car during the cold. Cars hold the cold in, acting like a refrigerator
- We always have our leashes with us, and I always have my gentle leader with me and mama carries a couple of extra leashes in the car
- MFS Emmie is 15 years old and the cold is hard for her to tolerate and I don’t have a thick coat and get chilled easily
Now here’s the bonus! You get a TREAT! Not the eating kind but GIFT CARDS! *tail thump*
All you have to do is enter the Rafflecopter between now and 11:50 pm ET on Sunday, February 24, 2013. Entrants can enter once every day as long as the raffle is open. One first place prize winner will receive a $350 Visa gift card and one second place prize winner will receive a $150 Visa gift card. The winners will be announced within 48 hours after the raffle closes. Good luck!
*Tail Thump*IamMaxRoper Giveaway is void where prohibited by law and not affiliated with Facebook or Twitter in any way. This post is sponsored by Subaru. mama is being compensated for helping spread the word about the Dog Tested. Dog Approved.™ campaign, but both me and mama’s blog Talk2theAnimals only share news for things we support. *tail thump*